- It is rare for all of my brothers to be here at once, and when I'm with them I feel like I did when we were kids, no matter how old we get.
- I got to carve a pumpkin with two of my nieces, and now they want to make it an annual ritual.
- They're filming the movie "Big Stone Gap" on location, and one of the locations is my parents' neighborhood.
- The entire Filipino community is reading my blog and they aren't mad at me. In fact, I'm probably going to get a lot of gigantic wooden spoons and forks for Christmas.
- Birthday cake.
- It turns out that blogging about not being assertive is a good way to let people know that you don't want to hear that you've gained weight.
- I got to take some great pictures.
- Sometimes my family drives me crazy, but at the end of the day, they are also the people who love me the most.
Monday, October 21, 2013
Boundaries, Part 2
As I reflect on my day in Big Stone Gap, I am reminded that parents often do know best. Here are just a few of the reasons why it was good to come home: